Sunday, August 2, 2009

You Know I Like My Girls a Little Bit Older

Watched slightly-above-average "indie" comedy Adventureland last weekend. Intensely good power-pop soundtrack, where I discovered these guys. The harmonies kill me dead:
The Outfield - Your Love (Play Deep, 1986)

New year's resolution, decided that instead of being all, 'I'm like, totally into music from the 60s' just because I own a Herman's Hermits record, that I would spend some time actually buying and exploring:
The Zombies - I Can't Make Up My Mind (Begin Here, 1964)

Janet Weiss from Sleater-Kinney's other band, her and her boyfriend I believe. I guess you could call it Pavement-esque. The pauses are so gut-wrenching, like a drunk nodding off to sleep (if I wanted to be dramatic I could add, "for the very last time..."):
Quasi - When I'm Dead (R&B Transmogrification, 1997)

Thanks heaps for Superchunk and La Bionda inspirations, Superchunk esp. I love that song.

Come In Threes 4 lyf,
Leonie

No comments:

Post a Comment