Saturday, August 1, 2009

All He Wanted To Do Was Outrun The Sun

..that Pum Pum track is nutso.

But anyways, thanks everyone for making this pretty great already. We've had postings from Amsterdam, Auckland, Los Angeles, Bangkok and San Francisco. (still waiting on our friends in France and Germany, tut tut *emoticon*). The only downside I've noticed so far is that my neurotic brain spent a not negligible amount of time and energy last month thinking about what songs I might post in August..yikes.

Getting right along with it, here's a few tunes:

You Don't Know What's Going On
Out Of Time - The Rolling Stones . I only consciously heard this song for the first time about a month ago. Since then it's been haunting me like a banshee.

I Ain't Got The Power Any More
Quicksand (demo version) - David Bowie . This is another classic that has long been a favourite. But I only heard this version fairly recently, and it's like love all over again. I'm a sucker for double-tracked vocals; this one is a goodie for the headphones.

Everyone Can Carry On, Except For We Two
Everyday - Slade . This is really a recommendation from Christina. She's been trying with considerable success to get me into Slade recently (who Kurt Cobain allegedly described as "a band that would never bend over"), and this song is a total monster. I'm also a sucker for guys who sing as if with megaphones in their voiceboxes (cf. Against Me!).

Apologies for posting three songs within the classic rock genre! I guess that's where things are at right now. Actually I've been listening to "I'd Rather Walk Than Run" rather a lot this past month too, thanks Robb for putting me onto that. Thanks also for the DropBox tip, this software is so convenient it's a little bit like magic.

Anyways, until next time,
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment