Monday, November 2, 2009

Initial Public Offering

People.

Due to overwhelming albeit not-quite unanimous opinion, this blog shall be a public blog effective immediately. tell your friends, tell you grandparents.

Other things that I've heard, and I tend to agree, are that:
-this is a blog about music. Post mp3s, not links to YouTube videos (please). (Unless of course it's youtube in addition to an mp3, in order to emphasize the point, a la this post..)
-this is a blog about music. Post links that with one click will allow one to download a track, not a link to another site that will allow one to download a track after one waits for 30s or pays some money (please).

I won't be enforcing the latter two particularly, but please. It's not hard to do this. As has previously been mentioned, DropBox (https://www.getdropbox.com/ ) makes it ridiculously convenient to do this. Admittedly it requires some software installation so may not suit everyone. Alternatives to DropBox include (and here I'm just checking old posts from the blog):
-storing it on the RealGroove website
-OpenDrive (formerly boxstr)
-and i'm sure there are others. ...

ANYWAYS

RAD I LOVE YOU ALL,
keep on blogging
,b

P.S. I strongly believe that a site like this will encourage people to explore more music and discover new artists so if any artist or the people at Blogger think differently please contact me first before suing me or taking down this blog! (brendankayes at gmail)

No comments:

Post a Comment