Monday, October 5, 2009

Calcium mines, buried deep in your chest

October kind of snuck up on me, feel like it's almost already over. Which of course it's not.

First song has been something of a summer anthem among some of the people I've been hanging out with in SF. One could be forgiven, I think, for mistaking this for a new Andre Benjamin single. I like the line "we're always happy, that's the living in The South philosophy".


For my second song I was planning to post Warren Zevon's "Keep Me In Your Heart", a song I discovered on one of Josh's recent mixtapes. Quite amazing I think, although quite arguably overly sentimental, like the worse parts of John Lennon's catalogue. I quite like it tho.

But that got me thinking about this other killer Zevon track, also new to me recently via another of Josh's mixtapes. And Dan Braun the author reminded me of it recently. I can't quite keep the narrative straight, something about Denmark and the Congolese and Berkeley. Enjoy


I discovered Andrew Bird via my flatmate and got the latest album. At times amazing, often too cerebral for me and a bit annoying i.m.h.o. But this track started appearing in the back of my brain in the latter half of September, and now it is part of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment