Sunday, July 5, 2009

Deadline Distractions

My three faves are currently preventing me from spiralling into a work-related vortex of anxiety. I don't know if it's because they're particularly soothing, or just because they're absorbing enough to distract me from my thoughts AND FOR SOME COSMIC REASON THEY ALL START WITH S.

The new Dirty Projectors album is pretty awesome, but the single Stillness Is The Move is like 10 different amazing songs rolled into one. RnB for crackers? Perhaps:
Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move

Modlang is a Czech Republic pressing plant/record label I believe, so the actual author of this song is a bit of a mystery to me, but it's off the Rough Trade Counter Culture 5 compilation. Power-psych-pop with a completely foreign crunchy electronic bassline:
Modlang - Slaughtered By The Sun

An oldie but a baddie; Fei and I bunkered down in a remote beach house for a few days when she was here a couple weeks ago. With only Hauraki (hard rock FM radio station) for company, Queensrÿche made an appearance while we were drunkenly licking our wounds and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since:
Queensrÿche - Silent Lucidity

I've not got permission to download helpful software for the posting of songs, so these ones will expire in 7 days c/o YouSendIt. Sorry for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment